Previous Ad    Next Ad

Seller Details

Westerbeke Generator
Quantity Views Date Posted
1 1275 Mon November 19, 2018
Asking Price Shipping Amount Condition
Best Offer None Fair
Description:

I have a Westerbeke 7.7 BTD generator. rated at 7700 Watts and can be set up for 240 V or 120 V AC. It was originally marine use, but it's in process of being repurposed for land base use. It has about 3200 hours on it and it needs rings, most likely from a possible overheat. The generator end was most likely rebuilt in the last few hundred hours. Have a placard somewhere implying as such. Like I said, it needs rings, but the genset would make a good project for someone who is willing to order parts on Ebay. This is the same engine used in the small Toro excavators. Parts for these were once impossible to obtain, but now available on Ebay in various kits. Don't know about the quality of the parts as they are noted as being from China.

I no longer wish to have this as a project. My goal is to be able to remain mobile if the need arose and this genset does not fit those requirements and I need the space in my garage. It might make for a good preparedness project if someone has the time or interest in fitting new piston rings. I will be in SE Idaho the end of December and might be able to transport it there if no one bites on my local Craigslist ad.

I just placed this genset on the Seattle Craigslist, but if it doesn't sell in a reasonable time, I am willing to give it to someone in SE Idaho or nearby as I will be in that area of the woods the end of December.

Item Location City/State (REQUIRED): Tacoma, WA
Keywords: Westerbeke Generator